REX Breast Care Specialists is a division of North Carolina Surgery. Our surgeons provide comprehensive breast care to patients in the Triangle and surrounding communities. Our team of breast surgeons is committed to providing the highest quality breast care with genuine compassion and unparalleled support.
We offer comprehensive evaluation, workup, education, counseling, and individualized treatment planning for a wide range of breast related problems. All of our physicians are board certified, certified in breast ultrasound, and focused on breast care and breast surgery with expertise in management of both cancerous and non-cancerous breast issues.
- High-risk breast cancer screening
- Evaluation and management of breast lumps
- Ultrasound-guided aspiration of breast cysts
- Ultrasound-guided minimally invasive breast biopsies
- Breast conservation therapy for breast cancer
- Precise localization of abnormalities using radioactive seed technology
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Coordination with plastic surgery for breast reconstruction after mastectomy
- Coordination with plastic surgery for oncoplastic breast reduction
- Placement of Mammosite ™ catheters for accelerated partial breast radiation
- Axillary reverse mapping to minimize risk of lymphedema
- Breast cancer nurse navigators for all breast cancer patients
- Multidisciplinary breast cancer treatment team coordination
- Access to clinical trials through the UNC REX Cancer Center
REX Breast Care Specialists is an integral portion of the larger UNC REX Breast Care Program, which assures quality care along the entire continuum from diagnosis to survivorship of patients with breast cancer. The UNC REX Breast Program is proud to be the only breast program in the Triangle area to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This accreditation is achieved by demonstrating the highest quality comprehensive breast care across multiple disciplines, including radiology, surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, genetic counseling, research, case management, and the cancer registry. UNC REX has also earned accreditation by the prestigious Commission on Cancer.
Learn more about the importance of receiving treatment at an accredited center.
Save time at your appointment by filling out these forms ahead of time. Use this link to print the forms, then fill them out and bring them with you to your appointment.
Breast Patient Pre-Registration Forms